Software QA Engineer 214561
Medix is supporting a well respected Healthcare institution in Chicago, IL . With organizational growth in mind, this organization intends to welcome an experienced software test engineer to their team. This remote position provides a generous benefits package, including weekly pay periods as well as medical, visual and dental benefits.
Responsibles for the role:
- Develop test cases and test scenarios in Zephyr and automated testing tool that provide thorough coverage of implemented features and meets acceptance criteria from business stakeholders.
- Enhance/execute existing automation suite using Selenium-Java and Service Automation.
- Expand existing automation framework for microservice level validations.
- Closely work with team on implementing service based automation for REST and Soap calls.
- Execute test automation suites in CI/CD pipelines.
- Integrate Service Automation, Wiremock and UI Automation with CI/CD pipelines on Azure platforms.
- Must be a strong Test Automation Engineer who can work independently and be capable of solving problems and communicate effectively with automation leads when further technical help is required.
- Own and support both manual and automation streams to meet the business priorities for releases.
- Provide expertise in the planning, constructing and execution of test scripts. Apply business and functional knowledge including testing standards, guidelines, and testing methodology to meet the teams overall test objectives.
- Execute smoke tests and regression tests in QA, UAT and production environments to verify code deployments and other system changes.
- Create, update and track execution of test cases within Zephyr.
- Identify, replicate, report and track issues to closure in an issue tracking system (JIRA).
- Review requirements, providing feedback on completeness, testability and other risk areas.
- Assist in the maintenance of dev/test environments including user accounts, application configuration and build deployments.
- Build appreciation & culture of full-stack across the team with focus on T shape skills.
- Identify functional and complete manual tests to be included in automated testing and work on automating candidates for test automation.
- Team player and ability to work in Global Team setup, product owners and business team to develop, build & support application.
- Write clean, performance friendly code. Perform unit testing and prepare task documentation.
- Experience with building Test Strategies and Test Plans.
- Investigate and fix production issues and performance issues.
Qualifications for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Overall 8+ years of experience in designing and executing test cases on web based applications.
- 5+ years of strong experience in writing micro service automation and UI Automation using Selenium and Java.
- Basic experience in using tools like Jenkins, Maven, Test NG, JIRA, IDEs like Eclipse or Intellij Idea.
- Must have experience with version control tools like Git/GitHub etc.
- 3+ years of experience on any Service based Automation tool. (e.g. Katalon, Rest Assured, etc)
- 3+ years of experience on mocking tool (like Wiremock) and integrating it with Azure platforms.
- Experience with running test automation suites in CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with running automation suites in parallel on multiple VMs and browsers.
- Experience in analyzing results of automation test runs.
- Ability to create test cases based on user stories and business requirements.
- Ability to execute QA testing, interpret test results, and document outcomes.
- Expertise writing and executing SQL queries for data testing.
- Must have working experience in Agile/Scrum Teams.
- Experience with web front end, back end and mobile application testing.
- Technical understanding of web application development, mobile application development and deployment concepts.
- Experience with cloud-based (Azure/AWS is mandatory) application/service architecture, including deployment and scaling.
- Hands-on experience in Azure Cloud Services, DevOps.
- Good to have experience on Docker Images, Containers, Kubernetes, Distributed Cache: Redis, Distributed APM solutions.
- Ability to quickly become proficient in new tools/technologies.
- Experience with testing in the following domains is a plus: E-Commerce, ERP / SAP.
- Must be highly motivated and dependable with excellent communication skills.
- 4 year degree (or higher) in CS / IS or a related field.
Position: Software QA Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL (Fully Remote)
Duration: 6 month contract