Medix is dedicated to positively impacting lives every day. Since 2001, we have made it our mission to be the leading provider of workforce solutions for clients and candidates across the Healthcare, Scientific, and Information Technology industries.
Our dedicated recruiters are here to help you find and secure just the right opportunity. We take the time to learn about you, your skills, your interests, and your career goals, and then match you with the jobs and companies that best suit your needs. Whether you are looking for contract, contract-to-hire, or direct hire positions, we can help you to find the meaningful and gratifying work that you've been looking for. Let Medix be your partner as you move your career forward. Contact us today!
RN Care Manager managing a caseload of 100+ members.
Building Care Plans, working with the assessment needs to make sure that the members are reaching their health goals and to make sure that they are getting the care that they need.
RN will be remote + in the field going to patients homes (~30 assessments a month) which means 1-2 days a week in the field each week but could be more than that. Must be willing to travel any time.
Schedule/Shift: Monday-Friday, 8:30-5
Location: Canton, MA area
Pay: $45/hr (negotiable)
***Must be fully vaccinated***
Under the administrative direction of the Clinical Manager, the Nurse Case Manager (NCM) for Senior Care Options (SCO) is responsible to manage all aspects of member care for a panel of frail elderly, while working within a healthcare team. The NCM directly interfaces with physicians, other members of the primary care team, members, and their caregivers in identifying risk factors, conducting assessments, and developing and implementing care plans to comprehensively manage their members' care.
- Ability to travel frequently to member's homes, hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, PCP office practices and other sites where patients receive care
- Timely completion of initial and ongoing geriatric assessments
- Development and communication (with member, caregiver and primary care physician/primary care team) of an individualized plan of care
- Completion of the Minimum Data Set-Home Care (MDS-HC)
- Facilitation of member and caregiver access to community resources relevant to the member's needs, including referrals to Adult Day Health, Adult Foster Care and the Personal Care Attendant Program.
- Participation in routine primary care team meetings
- Pro-active management and follow-up (via home visits and by telephone) according to the member's care plan
- Management and coordination of all transitions of care, including:
- Communicating care plan to providers in all settings of care (ED, hospital, rehabilitation facility, nursing home, home care) and ensuring providers receive timely clinical data that may impact healthcare treatment decisions
- Direct caregiver support
- Serves as a member advocate and facilitator to resolve issues that may be barriers to care
- Provide education and coaching to the member, family, and/or caregiver about health status, treatment options, goals of care, and health insurance benefits to assist members in making the most informed decisions and help promote self-management
- Work cooperatively as a team member across multiple levels within the organization
- Demonstrate initiative in achieving individual, team, and organizational goals and objectives
- Must be able to prioritize work and develop strategies for adapting to constantly changing priorities and urgent needs.
- Regard for confidential data and adherence to corporate compliance policy
- Demonstrate cultural competency and sensitivity
- Demonstrate the ability to work autonomously
Benefits: In order to be eligible for health benefits, you must be employed for 30 days and must average 30 hours per week over your first four weeks on assignment. If you become eligible and take action to enroll, you will be covered no earlier than 60 days into your assignment, depending on plan selection(s).
As a contract employee with Medix, you can choose to enroll in our Benefits Program during your eligibility period and enjoy:
401(k) Retirement Plan (After 6+ months of service, during a 401k enrollment period)
Medical, dental and vision plans with The American Worker, as well as three Major Medical Plan options!
Short Term Disability Insurance
Term Life Insurance Plan
Compensation: Dependent upon experience