Medix is looking for Registered Nurses to join an acute care medical center that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient behavioral health programs for patients 18+.
New grad RNs and any RNs with interest in psych / behavioral health are welcome to apply!
- CA RN license
- BLS certification
- 3x 12's (7:30AM - 7:30PM, 7:30PM-7:30AM) scheduled 6 weeks at a time
- The RN is responsible for admission intake/ assessment and discharges (approximately 10 daily) and will be in charge of supervising LVNs doing med passes. The RN will work with mental health workers, therapists and administer medications. Some wound care and catheter placement.
- Looking for GREAT communication and critical thinking skills
- Tons of upward mobility / growth opportunities with leadership development and mentorship
- Full benefits, 401K, weekly pay
- Provides direct patient care to a specific patient population
- Appropriately manages the care of mental health patients, maintaining department standards of quality.
- Prioritizes patient care based on physical, psychiatric, and psychosocial assessment.
- Assures implementation of patient care based on identified needs and in a systematic and therapeutic manner as evidenced by the interdisciplinary treatment plan.
- Coordinates patient care utilizing the nursing process: Assessment
- Collects data by interviewing patient, family/significant other within specified time frame.
- Utilizes collected data to establish a list of actual and potential patient problems/needs.
- Utilizes collected data to form a hypothesis as to the etiologic basis for each identified actual or potential problem/need.
- Assesses educational level, learning needs, preferred teaching methods and barriers to learning.
- Reports abnormal diagnostic data and/or changes in patients' condition to physician in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with patient, significant others, and other health team members in identification of problem/needs.
- Coordinates patient care utilizing the nursing process: Planning
- Utilizes nursing diagnosis for the actual or potential problem/needs, which nurses, by virtue of education and experience, are able, responsible and accountable to treat.
- Establishes the priority of problems /needs according to the actual/potential threat to the patient.
- Communicates the written plan of care, and changes to the plan, to the patient, family, significant other and other members of health care team through the report process and other methods as appropriate.
- Updates/revises the written plan of care as patient needs are resolved and/or as patient condition changes.
- Attends weekly multidisciplinary meetings to update and individualize the master treatment plan according to needs of the patient.
- Reviews and implements physician orders accurately and timely.